Wednesday 18 November 2020

Keep Looking Journal Page by Jen

 Hi crafty people! I hope you are having a wonderful day.

I'd like to share with you a page in my new art journal.  It's always a little scary when starting something new.  Sometimes it's best to just jump right in... and that's what I did.
 
 

With this month’s challenge I started thinking about the colours of fabrics.  The silks and satins found in a sultan’s throne room/tent, the clothes worn by its inhabitants, the beautiful carpets that adorn their homes and the rich, vibrant colours that used to seem exotic not so long ago.  I could also imagine the sparkling jewels and precious metals decorating their homes.  (I may read too many fantasy novels for my own good).   Back to my journal pages…

I started by choosing my colours and grabbing my journal.  I chose Paperartsy AcrylicFresco paints Jade, Lavender, Electric Violet by and Dylusions’ Funky Fuchsia.  I painted them across my page trying to blend them together, (it kind of worked).


Next I grabbed my Artby Marlene Stencil Artsy Arabia #14 and sponged Paperartsy Acrylic Fresco paint, White Fire randomly over my pages.  I wanted a little shimmer and mystery on my pages.

 

Then I grabbed my Art by Marlene Artsy Arabia #57 and #59 stamps and gold embossing powder and stamped and embossed  them onto my pages.

 

Something was missing…  I thought I would like to add some torn Art by Marlene Arsty Arabia #8 collage papers to my project but I didn’t want the white edges so I cut them with my paper trimmer. I glued them down with matte medium and it kind of looked like columns of a palace to me. 

 


I was stumped for ideas of what to do next so I put it aside for a few days.  When I came back to it I stamped the mosaic tiles (from stamp set #59) and the lotus flower (from stamp set #57) onto the collage paper and coloured them in with pens. I cut them out and arranged them onto the left hand page with a tag and a sticker from Art by Marlene Artsy Arabia Sticker Pad #3. (I may add some journaling later.)  


 So that’s it, my Arabian Nights journal pages.  I hope you enjoy them.  I hope it inspires you to get crafty.  Don't forget to share your creations and look out for the projects by the other team members.



 

Bye.

Jen.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment