Saturday 2 June 2018

Tammy's back to get her POINT across!

Hi there Scrap Matrix creatives!

I'm back to share my second creation for our current 'What's the Point' Challenge.

My last creation was all about my girl, so I thought I'd create a boyish one this time.
All things pointy go so well with boys = Stars, Chevron, triangles, arrows......

 
So let's have a look at how this page came together....
 
I began with some black cardstock and a 7Dots Paper.
 
 
I then added some Dylusions Paint in my favourite colour 'Polished Jade'.
I simply swiped it over my page with an old store card.
I focused the paint towards the bottom of the layout....where I wanted my photos to be.
 
 
I then added some arrows using a Paper Artsy Stamp. LOVE IT!
On the patterned paper I used black ink and on the black cardstocks I used a thin layer of white paint.
 
 
I then used a Tim Holtz Stencil and a couple of pens to trace some Chevrons onto my paper.
I love the whimsical look of this.
 
Using a stencil is soooo  much easier than drawing freehand, and my lines are much straighter! Lol!
 
 
I then grabbed out some of the papers I created about a month ago using my NEWEST toy, my Gelli Plate
I love this so much!
 
From these I randomly tore off strips, made tags, punched stars and cut out triangles.
I added the strips and tags in layers behind my photos.
 
 
I gathered my various sized triangles and drew a border with pen.
I also added in some triangles cut from the Pinkfresh Escape the Ordinary paper.
 
I then layered these onto my layout.
 
 
You can see I also added some gauze, spritzed with Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest.
 
 
I love the different texture this gives, and how I LOVE the vibrant colour!
 
 
You can see I added Mixed Media Tape by Dina Wakley - I used the chevron and cut it into smaller sections.
 
I also punched some stars from the papers I had created using the Gelli Plate, plus I cut
out some chevron shapes from the Heidi Swapp Mixed Media pack and added these to my layout too.
 
 
Lots of dimension and layers.


The final step is always a few flicks of Dylusions paint, just to tie it altogether.


Oh wait! I forgot the title.
 
A fun sticker by Me and My Big Ideas.



So are you gonna have a go at our 'What's the Point' Challenge?
I sure hope so!
 
There's still plenty of time.....all you need to do is create something (a layout, a canvas, a few cards or tags, a journal page) and use triangles, stars, arrows, chevrons, diamonds. And/or you could make it about your "point" of view... or even your pointy nose, or the top of a mountain.
Use your creativity and imagination, along with the moodboard to make your point!
 
 
Just add it to the Scrap Matrix Shares page in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used, and what inspired you... to be in the running for a $30 gift voucher - and maybe a Guest DT spot in a couple of months!

Well that's it from me today.
I'll see you over on the Shares group, and look forward to checking out your creative projects!

 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
7Dots Paper 'Lost and Found'
Black Bazzill
Paper Artsy Tracy Scott Paints
White pen
Tim Holtz Stencil - Chevron
 Dina Wakley Mixed Media Tape
7Dots Tags -Paint Chips
Heidi Swapp Mixed Media Pack
Mambi Chips Sweet Memories Value Pack
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment