Thursday 22 February 2018

All Things Ranger Challenge - Distress Oxides

Hi Everyone,

Monique here with the layout I created for this months Ranger Challenge  at Scrap Matrix.

I don't know about you, but at the moment one of my go-to products are the super awesome Distress Oxide inks.  Found here, in the Scrap Matrix Shop.  They are so versatile.  Dry, they are just like the amazing Distress Inks we all know and love.  Add some water, or add them to some damp paper - and that's when they really come into their own.  They can also be used on dark papers!!  How cool is that?

Anyway, this is what I created:

I created my background work by first applying texture paste onto some 7 Dots Studio Dreamscapes "Twinkle" paper with this 13 Arts stencil.  This is my favourite go - to stencil at the moment.  It is fantastic for grungy boy layouts!

Next, I applied some Distress Oxide ink in Vintage photo to my craft sheet.  I sprayed it with water, and painted the ink on with a thick brush - spraying the paper with water to distribute the ink further.  I dried this, then applied some Distress Oxide ink in Fossilised Amber to my craft sheet, spraying it with water and painting it on - again spraying water onto the paper to distribute the colour evenly.  I dried it all once more, and kept adding layers of colour in this way until I was happy with the result.  Distress Oxide Fossilised Amber and Vintage Photo  inks are a match made in heaven with the 7 Dots Dreamscapes range.


I also coloured a Blue Fern Studios "Ironworks Medley" Chipboard piece with Distress Oxide ink in Vintage Photo.  First I painted it with Gesso, then I dabbed on some of the Vintage Photo ink straight from the pad.  I then sprayed it with a little bit of water to activate the ink and add a bit of interest.  I did the same with the Prima Wooden Cogs and Gears, using Fossilised Amber instead. 

Here are some close ups:



That's it from me today, I hope I have inspired you to get yourself some Distress Oxides and have a play. If you want to play along with this month's awesome All Things Ranger challenge, don't forget to upload your entry to the correct album on the Scrap Matrix Shares Page.

Here is a full list of materials I have used, with links to the Scrap Matrix shop:

Hessian
Twine
Gesso

Thank you for stopping by - Hope you all have a glorious time scrapping!!


No comments:

Post a Comment