Tuesday 19 December 2017

Tammy's first PaperArtsy Share

Hi everyone

Tammy here today. I've popped in to share my first layout I created for the PaperArtsy Challenge.

So here's a reminder of my creation:

Yep my usual bright style again.
 
A happy, bright creation about the silliness and fun the kids and I have together.  We do try sometimes to be serious, but it never lasts long.  
Love them to bits.
 
This is the stamp set I used:
 


Love it sooooo much!!

Anyway, enough drooling, lets get on with how I created this layout.

I started with some 7Dots Paper.


I stamped lots of background stamps using some 7Dots Stamps.

I then gathered my favourite colours in Dylusions Ink Sprays.


I randomly splodged them onto some white cardstock using my favourite technique that I like to call the 'packaging' technique.

I grab some plastic from the packaging.....the part you usually throw away.  I add a few squirts of Dylusions Ink Spray (one colour at a time only).  I then add a spritz or two of water and then simply place it onto my cardstock in a random splodgy way....yep I'm throwing in all the technical terms today!

Vicki has a cardstock called 'Marshmallow' which copes really well with mixed media.  I didn't even apply clear gesso this time!

 
I continue with various colours until I'm happy with the result, making sure each colour dries inbetween.
I used the following Dylusions colours - Polished Jade, London Blue, Lemon Zest, Fresh Lime and Bubblegum Pink.
I adore Dylusions Ink Sprays - the colours are just so bright! I love that they dry bright too, so many spritzes lose their colour vibrancy once dry.
 
 
 
I then stamped some of the gorgeous funky flowers.




I then cut these out.


What a gorgeous little pile of happiness!!

I began to add a few tags and layers behind my photo.

I added black gesso to some metal flowers


I then added the stamped and metal flowers to my layout.  I wanted them to look like they were trailing down the layout.


I added some German Scrap to the top and bottom of my layout.

I added some Word stickers from 7Dots and 13Arts.


For my title, I added some Heidi Swapp word Stickers - they work perfectly for this layout as they go with the 'fun theme'.


I adhered some of the flowers with foam tape to give them dimension and I tucked some underneath the photos.  I also made sure some of them were trailing off the page.


I love all the different colours on the flowers, and teamed with black and white they just POP right off the page!

Such a simple and fun technique.  I hope you give it a go.


I hope this has inspired you to get creating.

You've got until the 14th of January at midnight to load your PaperArtsy Creations into the Album over at Scrap Matrix Shares.
Don't forget to let us know which Paper Artsy products you have used on your layout.




There's a voucher up for grabs from the most awesomest store around, Scrap Matrix!
 Woohoo! What have you got to lose?

I'll pop back again later in the month to share another Paper Artsy Creation.

Until then, may creativity flood your soul.


Scrap Matrix Products used:

Marshmallow Cardstock
PaperArtsy Stamps - Tracey Scott 09
Dylusions Ink Spray
7Dots Stamp - Dreamscapes
7Dots Paper - Writers Block - Burden
7Dots Tags - Writers block
7Dots Word Stickers - Hazy Days
German Scrap - Renaissance Black
Heidi Swapp Buzz Epoxy Words - Friends
Heidi Swapp Buzz Epoxy Words - Celebrate
Large Brass Metal Flower #7
Black Gesso
13 Arts Stickers - Martas small messages

No comments:

Post a Comment