Saturday 9 December 2017

7 Dots Studio - Rebecca's Second Share

Hi Everyone,

Rebecca back here with you all to share my second 7 Dots project with you all. This project has again been created using the Writers Block collection, I love this collection, the dark colours are seriously my style (vintage and yummy!!). 

As you can see I created a tag, but when the tag was finished I thought, hmmm there is still some paper left here and a few bits and pieces so I just kept going. Then a canvas was born and the tag moved on in to a new home. 

Now lets take a look how this was made. 


1 ) Manilla tag
2) I covered that tag with the paper, using double sided tape to adhere it. 
3) Layering various tags from the Writers Block Collection  edges inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. 
4) Layering more tags from the Writers Block Collection edges inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. 


Have you used the AMAZING German Scrap before? Look what can happen with just a gentle touch of Art Alchemy Metalliqe Wax. You can transform the black wings instantly to glossy gold picking up all those fine details. These wings were then used as the back drop behind the inked butterfly wings. 

\

To create my flower with bronze bead embellishment I first tore the inner part of the flower out completely. Gluing in a bronze flower, then micro beads, followed by a metal hand


The layer below the tag you will see may look like a square but it is actually a split sheet to conserve my paper. Also I have used offcuts from my previous project which have been sewn on with my sewing machine. These papers have all been edged with Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Aged Brass. 


Glossy accents was used to adhere micro copper micro beads around my paper edges. 


To finish my project I mounted the tag on foam mounts and adhered brass corners to the canvas. 




Many thanks for looking at the blog today, I wish you all a very happy and creative day. 


Scrap Matrix Products Used







No comments:

Post a Comment